Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Oh How Pinteresting

Hello fellow bloggers!
Today I'm back at work and trying to get back into the swing of things after a long two week vacation. 

I have to say that it has been pretty sweet, sleeping in and doing all those things I wanted to do (or nothing at all lol).

But I can honestly say I miss the routine of things, and I'm ready to get back into said routine.

One of which is getting back in a normal blogging routine again. 

 Today I'm linking up with The Vintage Apple for Oh How Pinteresting...

However, before I get started, I wanted to explain my theme, if you want to call it that.

My sister and I had a much needed (and very unexpected) conversation the other day. It was then I (truly) realized how skewed my thinking is in some areas, well, in a lot of areas.

To be very transparent, most of it had to deal with my self-acceptance.

I can imagine this is a big one for many people.

It is almost comical how I can be so accepting of other people and all the "flaws" and "fault" that they see in themselves (that I don't necessarily see)... but I am so judgemental and condemning of my own.

I'm so hard on myself on so many things.

As I wrote letter's to my husband and to myself to open next New Year's Eve (a tradition I started last year), I realized, sadly, how 365 days had gone by, and I hadn't changed all that much in accepting myself, my flaws, mistakes, mess ups, etc. I think back over the last year and see how many days I was upset because I didn't like this or that about myself...and I honestly don't like that average.

So the last few days I've been thinking about what things I know needs changing, and how I wanted to change them.

Not all of them will be an overnight thing
Some may take days, months or even until next year
But I'm determined to overcome those things that I feel defeat me

And I hope something in here inspires one of you as well....






 

 

 
 


















And to my husband....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Uhh its been so hard getting back into the swing of things now that the holidays are over. I needed to read some of these quotes today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I've been thinking alot about our conversation as well and how I am going to change my mindset and those things that I don't like that are changeable. Here's to 2013 it may not be sunflowers and roses, but its a bloom in progress! Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete