Friday, January 18, 2013

My God is Awesome

Finally Friday, I'm free again.
I got my motor running for a wild weekend
It's finally Friday I'm out of control
Forget the working blues and let the good times roll
 
To all you country fans...
 you probably were singing along as you read the lyrics! :)
You have to love that song by George Jones.
It totally gets you geared up for that time you get to clock out of work and let the weekend begin
If you haven't heard it, you should definitely to YouTube it!
 
Anyways,
Ola, Cheerio Maties
(anyone else ever seen Miranda Sings on youtube? lol)
 
I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday, even if it's only 8:32 a.m.
 
Today I actually woke up alone, got dressed alone, and drove to work alone.
My husband got up this morning and went hunting at an ungodly hour...
So I spent the entire morning by myself.
 
When I used to drive to work by myself all the time, I used my driving time as my praying time.
I would have my music on 88.1 or 94.1 (our contemporary christian stations), and just talk to God.
So this morning, since I was by myself, I found myself once again falling into that.
Except, this time I turned my radio off and found a song on YouTube that I'd been thinking about...
I have no idea the church/choir who sang it on the video, all I know is that they are super anointed.
I love those moments, where I'm in the oddest places and I feel totally surrounded by his presence.
As I sang along with the song, and let the lyrics settle inside my heart, my eyes filled with tears.
 
My God is Awesome
He can Move a Mountain
Keep me in the valley
Hide me from the rain....
 
All I could think was how true this was.
My God has never forsaken me.
Never left me alone
I may have felt alone, but it wasn't because he'd left me.
It was because I'd left him.
 
I'm not the perfect prayer warrior, where I pray two hours every day
In all honesty, sometimes I barely get to pray five minutes (sad, I know)
But, even when it's been a while since I've spoken to him... He's still there when I'm ready to.
 
After I got to work, I took a few minutes to open my Bible.
I found myself in St. John, where Jesus was in the garden, praying.
He knew what he was going to have to do,
yet his prayers in that chapter were mostly for those around him...
Not for himself.
 
It makes me realize just how much I was/am loved.
 
For God so loved the world (aka me),
That he sent his only begotten Son
That whosoever believeth in him
Should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 
Now that is truly awesome....
 
Hope you all have a great day!
 


1 comment:

  1. That is such a good reminder...I think I needed that, thank you!

    I also wanted to know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award because your blog is pretty darn awesome!!! Should you choose to accept, you can find the post here!

    ReplyDelete