Friday, January 25, 2013

Living By Faith

Hey guys!
 
I hope everyone is having a great Friday!
I've already hit a few bumps in the road this morning, but I'm still feeling good.
I guess that is what happens when you finally just give it all to God.
 
As I think over all the things going on, not just in my life, but in that of my family,
My mind asks God.. Why?
Why are we going through this?
Why is this happening?
Why aren't you doing something?
 
However, I've learned that there comes a time when you need to stop asking "Why"?
Sometimes, you just have to truly give it to God and let it go.
 
It is always easier said than done, of course.
But the truth is, being a believer, doesn't mean you are exempt from the hard times.
Being a believer, doesn't mean that you will never go through things.
Being a believer means that you have someone to fall back on when those times come.
 
God allows you to go through the things you do, to build your faith.
How can you build your faith, if you are constantly doubting him?
Saying you are giving it to God, and then consistently worrying, questioning and doubting, isn't really faith building is it?
 
It is easy to become discouraged.
After all, patience isn't something we are necessarily born with.
And it is overly difficult to be patient and have faith when you don't see how things are working out.
 
However, II Corinthians 5:7 states
 
For we walk by faith, not by sight...
 
Meaning that, just because you don't see how it is going to work out, doesn't mean that God isn't already in the equation, making sure it all adds up right.
 
Your job isn't to remind God of your problems and tell him how to fix it.
After all, God is all-knowing, and definitely has a better idea of all the variables than we do ourselves.
Your job is to go to him in prayer, believing BY FAITH, that he will take care of it.
And I'm not just talking about for the moment, but believing every day, every moment, withholding your doubt and worries, and KNOW that He will take care of you.

After all, it was promised in his word that he wouldn't leave us with our problems...

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. so that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. ~Hebrews 13:5-6

God even told us to give to him our problems, that he would bear it for us....

Come until me, all ye that labour and are under heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ~Matthew 12:28

Am I saying I will never worry or doubt again when I feel I'm drowning in trials?

Nope...

What I am saying, is that I want to remember his words and promises.
I hope to remember that seeing isn't believing...
After all, the redeemer came to the earth doing wonders and miracles and was rejected by those who seen these mighty works.
Faith is believing, even when we do not see progress being made.

So the next time I am facing a situation that doesn't seem to be working out,
I want to push all my anxiety, doubts, and worries out of the way, and believe.
For God will never leave me to face it alone.

Just something to think about!

Hope you guys have a great day!
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love this and nice timing. Seems were all facing something lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing. Thank so you much.

    ReplyDelete