Monday, January 21, 2013

5 for Five


Happy MLK everyone!

Today I was off work!
So I celebrated by...cleaning my house
LOL

Yep, I cleaned my house and then went and visited my Nannie
My Nannie is my great, great aunt, but she'd always been more of a grand-parent.
She ended up making me and my husband one of her famous pound cakes.
I went over to get it and stayed visiting with her for over an hour and a half.

I love talking with her!
I love hearing her stories
I love talking to her about life in general
And she can give some of the best advice.

In fact, today she inspired me to want to be more dedicated to my menu planning and grocery shopping.
Since I begin getting paid every two weeks this Friday, I'll be able to start planning a two-week menu.

Anyways, back to the post at hand.

Today is our 5 for Five! Let's take a look at last week's goals!

PartyOfOne


1. Get all my clothes washed and put up
I'm giving this a green. All the clothes were washed and put up, except for the very last load. I think that's pretty darn good myself

2. Get my School stuff organized
I got it as organized as I can get it... #BlehSchool

3. Begin working on the junk room.
So I was going to do this, but, yeah... I didn't

4. Try something new/different this week.
Last week was kind of a blur... I can't remember trying anything new, though. *sigh*

5. Go through my clothes drawers
Yeah,  I didn't accomplish this either.

Okay
So obviously I didn't do very well on my goals last week!
I definitely need to do better this week!

1. Prepare a menu and grocery list
I get paid Friday, therefore Saturday need to be grocery-shopping day!

2. Get a cleaning schedule up
I need some kind of daily "this is what I'm going to do". This way I'm keeping my house cleaned while accomplishing those little things that I really want to get done.

3. Finish my online work for the week.
It is Due Sunday... must get this done quickly!

4. Straighten up my bookshelf
I'm looking at it now, and realized just how out of order it is. I've just been randomly picking out books lately and then just setting them back on the shelf and not where they actually go. So, it's time to get them back together by Author.

5. Exercise at least 3x this week
At this moment I just want to be a little more active...

That is all for today!
I'm off to get ready for our Christian Skate Night! :)

1 comment:

  1. I always make lists like this and then don't accomplish everything. I dedicate myself to 4 tasks per day. These are usually things like Finish the Laundry, Mop the floors, Organize something etc. I find that limiting myself works for me so I don't feel overwhelmed:)

    ReplyDelete