Saturday, January 5, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Hello Everyone!

Today is one of those Saturdays that completely just flew right by me...
And nothing has been accomplished.

I'm okay with that, though. Today I spent nearly three hours in Chic Fil A with my sister and two of our best friends, that we hardly ever get to see (even though I live like five minutes away from them, literally), because our schedules are always so different and crazy.

I know, you are thinking...
"What in the world did you do in Chic Fil A for almost three hours?"

Really, we just occupied one of the tables and talked. the entire time (and ate of course).. about everything.

The past few days, I've been pondering a lot of things about myself.

I don't know about the rest of you, but 2012 was hard, and I honestly don't want to repeat it.
I remember there were days I just felt plum miserable.
Not because I had a horrible life,
But just because life sometimes can totally drag you down
And because sometimes you only focus on all the negative around you.

This year, one of my Life goals ( I don't do resolutions) is to be more positive, not only about myself, but about life in general.
On those days, where it seems like everything that can go wrong is going wrong...
I want to smile...
I want to remember all the good things that is going on...

So today, as I reflect over the past few hours, days, weeks, months, and years...
I realize I have so much to be thankful for.

I have such a wonderful husband
Yes, we both have our moments, but I couldn't have asked for anyone better.
I have amazing parents
They would give the shirts off their back... literally.
I have an amazing sister
Who happens to be my best friend
I have my brother
whom I don't see nor talk to very much, but I still love him and miss him
I have my friends, Michelle and Dj
I may not see them very much, but my sister and I were talking about how we can go forever without seeing them, and it still feels like we see each other every day.
I have a great church and church family
My husband and I have our own home..
It may be a trailer, but we can still pay rent and lights and haven't been unable to once.
I have a warm bed and clothes
I have food in my fridge
I have a working car and gas in it to get me places
I have my health and my family are all in good health

Sometimes you just need to stop focusing on the negative
And count your blessings
You will probably find that the good far outweighs the bad

Remember, happiness is a choice.
You won't always have good days
Everything won't always go your way
You may not have a job...yet
You may have a crummy hair/makeup day
You may get a flat tire
Or an extra bill may pop up
However, that doesn't mean that you have to let it tear away your joy
That belongs to you, because God has given it to you
If you don't have it, it wasn't stolen
You let the circumstances take it.

Love yourself
Love your family
Love your life
Be happy

God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Two years ago, I chose my one little word for the year to be appreciation. I started a thankful journal and thanked God for so much. I became conciously more appreciative to those around me. It was awesome. So I really understand this post. :)

    ReplyDelete