Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh How Time Flies....

Hello everyone!

So I'm sitting at my mom's house at this particular moment, something I've been doing a lot the past few days. In fact, I've practically felt like I've been living back over here since I've been off work. I'm surprised my mom hasn't told me to GO HOME! (ha-ha)

So I had fifty million things going through my head about what I wanted to post , since the last few days have been filled with so many things that I've wanted to share...

but then I realized something...

There is one more day of 2012 left, and then the year is over.
365 days have past in a blur.
There have been good and bad times
I've cried and laughed
I've grown older with each day
And yet, I feel as If I'm still the same in so many ways.

Every time a new year comes, I become somewhat melancholy.
I wish I had one of those minds that could recall every single detail of every single moment
But in reality, when you live, you have so much in your mind that some of those details are lost
At least in mine it is...

I can't say I will miss some parts of this year.
Sadly, not every moment was good
But there are moments I'll look back on in 2012 and smile fondly
I may even cry because it's sad how fast life goes by
I look at my life, and how I have been married over a year
I look at my brother and sister, no longer the kids they used to be
I look at their kids, who have seemed to have just shot up in age with just one blink
I remember when each of them were born
I remember their laughs and a lot of their firsts
It makes me want to pull each of them in and squeeze them tight
Life goes so fast... and some times we take it for granted without even realizing it.

I thought, instead of doing my usual posts, I would do some of the high lights from my life in 2012
It isn't all of them by far, but just a few that I'll look back on fondly, remembering how I felt in the moment, remembering my love for my family, my friends... and thanking God for each second he gives me to have with them.



















I'm not one to go out and party on New Years Eve.
I could honestly care less about going anywhere
The thing I love to do most on New Years Eve is to spend time with those that I'm closest to
So tonight, as we light the bonfire and munch on hamburgers and french fries, I'll look at the face of each person around me (my husband, parents, sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews), and I'll thank God for each of them, for the time he's given me with each, and for love that is shared between us.

I hope everyone has a happy (and safe) New Years!
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment