Monday, December 10, 2012

5 for Five and InstagrAmazing!

Hi Everyone! Today, I'm pulling a double, and doing TWO link-ups in one. I'm so excited about both of these!
 
First, I'm linking up with Jenn from Party Of One, for 5 for Five! Let's see how we did last week!!!
 
 
PartyOfOne


Last Week...  

1. Get Grocery List Up....
Yay! I actually did this right after I done this post, because my husband wanted to go ahead and go that evening (which didn't happen), but it was done for me last Tuesday when I went and got all the grocery shopping done for two whole weeks!

2. Clean my bathroom, living room, and kitchen
You are probably thinking that I'm crazy! However, I red and greened this one because the bathroom did get done...just not by me. I got my husband to do it for me since I was killing myself over a paper every night. He even straightened up the kitchen for me! :) 

3. Finish My Paper
I so got my paper done and with an entire day to spare! BAM! I was so stoked to turn that in last Thursday for extra credit! Total relief!

4. Begin studying for Macro Final
I'll be fair and say that I didn't really do this, even though I took it with me Saturday to do. I didn't really do much studying, though. I have the hardest time concentrating when I'm out and about. However, it was missed for an important cause, which I'll share with you guys later! #KarsynsKause!!

5. Beat My husband at chess!
Yay! I did this! Okay, so I took advantage of his sickly state one night last week, but I still beat him. I doubt it will happen when his mind isn't foggy with meds, but  I will enjoy my one win, anyways! :)

This Week....

1. Finish planning 12 days of Christmas
My husband and I are doing this, because... well I want to LOL. So he is amusing me by doing it with me! (I love him)

2. Study Study Study!
I have two finals... must study for MACRO!!!

3. Finish my Christmas Decorating
I have a few things left that I want to do for my house. I'm spray painting a dollar tree basket and getting pine cones to put in it and a few other things that I just want to do for fun, so I want to finish that up this week!

4. Workout AT LEAST 2 times
I'm not even going to push for three. Getting out of bed at 5 a.m is hard as crap!

5. Pick out which book I'm going to buy for myself!
I told my husband last week, that once I finished my last final, I was buying me a new book as a reward. I haven't gotten the chance to read a whole book in... I don't remember when, so yeah... it is time for a book! :)



Now I'm linking up with Karla @ Forever Newly Wedded and Nicole @ Grub n Marriage for  An InstagrAmzing Link-Up.

Now I have to be honest, and say, that I'm not really an intstagam user! I have an account, but I never use it (Forgive me)... But I loved the idea of sharing pictures you took over the weekend for a link up!


First I wanted to share with you something I had the opportunity to participate in this past weekend... the reason why I failed to study any on Saturday, and do not regret it...

Saturday I participated in a golfing event to raise money for a little girl in our church. I hope her parents do not mind me posting this, but I wanted to share this to spread the word, and, yes perhaps entice someone to donate for this cause. Karsyn was born with a rare gene mutation called Alagille Syndrome (to learn more click here), which affects all of the main organs in the body. The ending result is that she is in need of a liver transplant.

So, Saturday, we helped out at a golfing tournament to, not only raise money for the liver transplant needed, but to raise money for finding a cure! It was a perfect day to play golf (even though I didn't play and don't like it lol), and the perfect day to raise money for such a precious little girl!

I do have to say that I truly admire her parents. They are young parents (in their twenties), and have taken this whole thing on like champs (I have no idea how they found time to coordinate an event like this along with everything else I'm sure they have going on). The love for their child, their strength (emotionally and physically), and their courage is truly evident. I just want them to know how much of a blessing, encouragement, and inspiration they are.

Go check out their facebook... Karsyn's Kause

Here are some pictures from my InstagrAmazing Weekend...

 They had some AMAZING prizes...
unfortunately I didn't win,
 but it was worth the money for the cause

 There is the guest of honor...
The very reason we were there! :)

 The bracelets are spank!
They had a glow in the dark green
And hot pink...

 Get involved... support this Kause!

We weren't playing...
We were watching a hole!

My hubby, chillin' on a golf cart! lol

Then...later on that night I done a few things at the house...

Snow flakes and gold ornaments...
 
 It's simple, but I'm pretty proud of myself
Excuse my table. I'm not finished with
the center piece.

I love my wreath!

From the outside...
Looking in...

Then Sunday I tried a new roast recipe with my cream cheese mashed potatoes and it was a success! We took it to my grandparent's house and they loved it!

  Before....

After...  :)

Thanks for stopping by! Make :)

6 comments:

  1. Dang now I'm hungry. The house looks amazing! I love what they are doing for Karsyn and that you guys got involved, it's a shame that I can't get involved. Gah a weekend to do what I choose would be nice. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you'll have to keep us posted on what book you pick. I love seeing what people are reading, lol, I'm such a book nerd.

    Best wishes on your list! And that roast looks delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweetheart. What a wonderful thing you did for Karsyn. She is adorable. And your place looks so cute all decorated!! I just love all these pictures! Thanks so much for linking up!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats at beating your husband at chess! that is no small feat.
    also, Karsyn looks beautiful, and it was wonderful for you to be a part of her fundraiser.
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet hubby you have for cleaning the bathroom for you so you could study! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally want to learn how to play chess. I might have to add that to my bucket list.
    That golfing tournament is such a great idea for a fundraiser! The baby is a cutie.
    You had a busy weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete