Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Relish...

So the past few days have been pretty crazy
(And when I say the last few I really mean the last five or six)
 
I've been killing myself over a paper, that is due Friday, every night for the past five days. That isn't including the tiny fraction of cleaning up my house, preparing songs for Worship last Sunday, and making time for my husband. However, I pushed my paper aside Saturday, and my husband and I went to a tree farm to get our Christmas tree!
 
Last year was my first time ever having a Christmas tree, and just like last year, we went to the farm where we picked out our tree and cut it down ourselves. I know some people are like, "why don't you just go pay this much for one you don't have to cut down and all that jazz"...
 
The answer is, because we don't want to...  LOL
 
Wade and I both love going to a farm, and cutting our own tree. It is something about the experience and we both LOVE fresh trees. It was funny, because he mentioned excitement over the thought of taking our own kids (one day) to pick out and cut down a tree. I felt the same way!
 
 
Here was our mini-adventure to the Bavarian Tree Farm

Saturday was a jean, flannel shirt,
and cowboy boots kind of day!

Pickin' out our tree!
 
Getting ready to start
cutting away...
 
You gotta love those country boy's
that aren't afraid of getting dirty! :)
 
Timber!!!
 
And that is how you cut
your Christmas tree down!
 
I gave him the honor's of hanging
our monogrammed ornament bought
on our honeymoon last year!
I'll get a closer picture
of the front and back to post! :)
 
He's picky about ornaments lol

Then it was my turn to hang my
Grinch ornament that I bought
from Bradley's last year.
It's made from a light bulb..
 (*idea*...Maybe an neatest ornament blog post... )
 
 
Yep, that's me...
It was 80 degrees that day...
 I was hot! Only in Florida #smh
 
There it is, the finished product! :)
 Saturday Night ended with me working on my paper... BOO!

However, Sunday came, where once again I pushed my paper aside for a very special event. My nine year old niece is in ballet, and they do the Nutcracker every Christmas. Sadly, it was my first time seeing the Nutcracker EVER!!! (isn't that awful!), but I was so excited about watching my Lauren! So while we were waiting, her little sister, Layla, who is only five, is perched on my lap, playing with my phone. This is what I found after she was through....

Her cheesy face....
 
Add a little tongue....
 
With a little of...whatever this is LOL
 
and you get something like this!

There were several more, but I just picked out a few. She is a mess, but at least she was having fun while she was having to wait. Anyways, my niece played in two separate parts, and I couldn't really get a good picture of the first, because it was during the performance, and there was no way to get a picture before she had to change for her next act. But you get the gist....

There she is as the soldier!
 
I love her! She's so prettiful!
 
There she is with her beautiful mommy (a.k.a my sister)


Lauren done such a great job on her parts and I was so proud of her!

I actually started tearing up before the show even started, just thinking about how far she's come in opening up and the confidence she's gained.

 Lauren, your Ree is so proud of you, baby! You keep up the good work and never let anyone tell you that you can't do something. I have faith that you can do anything you set your mind to... You are one of the most beautiful little girls, inside and out. Never lose your kindness and the care you have for people, and never let anyone steal your breath-taking smile!


Hope you enjoyed my weekend relish!


4 comments:

  1. I love your tree. Wade mentioning taking the kids = our baby dust working YESSSS!! I love you guys a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're out of the country this year so we're not decorating. I've been living vicariously through other people's pictures. Your tree looks wonderful! I love that you guys got a fresh tree. The house must smell wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like decorating a REAL Christmas tree. There is nothing like finding the perfect tree:) We've had a real tree ever since I was little. It's a tradition we continue with Nick now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg now I am tearing up! I love the tree and I'm just as obsessed with real trees as you guys are we've just never been able to go and cut one down ourselves. Maybe next year...hmm. Lauren did an amazing job and she loves her ree ree...and Tater...idk what to say about her other than...what a goose!

    ReplyDelete