Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas...Come and Gone

Hello Everyone!

Christmas is offially over. It is 12:30 a.m. as I'm writing this blog, and it is the first time I've written a blog in nearly five or six days. I know, I've been a total slacker. However, after being on a computer 8 hours a day, five days a week at work, I found I really didn't have much desire to drag my laptop out, plug it up, turn on the hotspot, etc. I've found myself just snuggling with my husband at night instead of reaching for the computer or finding something else to do.

Now that the Christmas business is over, I'm sitting down to write my first blog about my holiday cheer!

Christmas has felt really strange for me. And to be totally honest, it didn't feel like Christmas at all. So many things are different this year, and on top of it all, time has felt as if has been in warp mode. I still had a good time though. Christmas eve day was spent wrapping my husband's Christmas presents and helping my memaw and mom with goodies for Christmas day. That evening was spent with my parents and husband visiting my great, great aunt (a.k.a Nannie) and then we hit Walmart for some last minute grocery items, before heading home to cook dinner and trade gifts with my husband.

My husband bought me a Nikon CoolPix L310

I'm so in love with this baby! I've been snapping pictures non-stop since I opened it!
Along with it, he got me a 16 gigabyte SD card!
Needless to say, I'm super stoked about my gift!

For my husband, I bought him his own small wood burner with a variety of tips.
He likes doing woodwork, and would eventually like to have his own small shop in a shed of ours. I told him he had to start small, so I bought him his first piece.


I also bought him the RealTree AP floor mats and steering wheel cover!




And yes... these were taken by my new, super cool camera!
Though, the first few were kind of ehh... I was still trying to figure out the flash LOL.

Christmas Day started off right....

Pancakes, eggs, grits, sausage... YUM!

Wade and I went up to my mom and dad's and helped cook breakfast and invited my papaw over and all shared a yummy breakfast together! From there we did...nothing. Not until my sister got there.

After a little more "nothing", we finally started getting dressed for dinner at my Memaw's.
It was so much quieter than previous Christmas parties at my Memaw's, but it was no less enjoyable.

My sister and I switched off doing each other's make up. Then I did my mom's makeup and my sis, Rach, done my mom's and my hair. I had a blast doing their makeup. It is something I seriously just enjoy doing.

Here are a few pics from our evening!










Our night ended with a game of domino's! We went home, got in our pj's, and pulled out the tin box of domino's! You can't go wrong with a game with the family when you are tired. Everything is funny when you are exhausted!







Hope everyone has a great Christmas!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment