Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day1: Husbands and Ornaments

So, here it is, as promised from my previous "Its OK" post...
(Click here if you would like to read it)
 
Honestly, Today is one of those days where I feel like I could do a million posts, and on nothing specific.
 
However, this one is specific -sort of-
 
As I have mentioned in past posts, I came up with a 12 days of Christmas for me and my husband to do.
 
Most people may not see the whys in doing something like this.
I do, though.
I see 12 days of doing projects together that doesn't involve sitting on the couch every night watching a movie
 (though I do have two movie nights in there for our special Christmas features)
 
The point is, this is a good way for a young couple, like my husband and I, to do something different together.
 
Today is the start date...
 
So this evening, after work, my husband and I are riding out to town to buy one special ornament for our tree.
 
Our tradition actually started, unintentionally, last year on our honeymoon.
 
We were in Pigeon Forge which has The Christmas Place with nothing but stores with Christmas stuff in it! Talk about falling in love? I was in Christmas heaven!
 
Here is a few pics from our visit there on our honeymoon!
 
 


 
 
At this one specific store where if you bought an ornament that could be monogrammed, then you got the monogram for free. So we got a Just Married ornament, which was perfect given we were on our honeymoon....
 

It says just married in the heart.
Then we had our names put on there
(front)

 
And our Last name and wedding date on the back
 
 
It is by far my favorite ornament on the tree!!
 
However, a few weeks later (after we got back from our honeymoon), we decided that we would each by a special ornament of our choosing, to represent each of us individually
 
I chose this ornament from Bradley day made from a light bulb

 
Yes! It is the Grinch!
 
My husband chose this one....
 
 
A country boy through and through! :)
 
Anyways, so tonight we are off to buy us a new ornament for our tree. This is a tradition I want to continue on, picking one family ornament together. each year
 
However, that isn't the only place we are going.
 
Something else I also mentioned in a previous post was the fact that once the semester was over I wanted to buy me a new book to read, since I haven't bought one in a while nor enjoyed reading an entire book.
 
So I mention this to my husband, who knows my love of actual paper/hard back books, and tells me that he is going to take me to Barnes and Nobles to let me pick out a book, as a reward for making it through the semester...
 
Did I mention that I have an amazing husband?
Well I do!
I mean, the man has suffered through this semester with me...
And now he's going to buy ME a reward, when in truth, he deserves a reward more than I.
 
I'm so thankful for the amazing man God sent into my life.
He's everything I've ever wanted,
And someone I thought I would never deserve.
When we'd started dating he'd told me that he'd thought I was too good for him.
In reality, he's the better half of our relationship, and it was him whom I thought was too good for me.
 
To my husband who follows my blogs silently...
You are the best.
I couldn't have asked for any better,
For you are truly the best out there for me.
I love everything about my Georgia boy!
Can't wait to get off work and see you!
I love you, forever and always!

1 comment:

  1. I so want to go to Barnes & Nobles!! GAH sniff the starbucks/book scented air for me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete