Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Liebster Blog Award

I was totally surprised and ecstatic when Jessica @ Better Together and Forever
nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award!
 
I don't believe I've ever participated in one of these, and feel so honored
to have been nominated by a blogger whose blog I seriously enjoy reading.
 
The Liebster award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers,
and whom is seen to be an up-and-coming blogger! :)
 
So here is how it works...
 


Rules
 
1.List 11 random facts about yourself
2.  Answer 11 Questions Jessica wrote for me
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Create 11 Questions for my nominees
5.  Display the Liebster Award Badge
 
 
11 Random Facts About Me
 
1. I'm terrible at math... I plan on leaving the math homework to my husband when our little Addy gets big enough to have homework and need help.
 
2. I can't eat plain veggies. They have to be seasoned and/or have something on them like ranch, cheese...you get the drift.
 
3. I HATE huge bows on little girls. When I see a massive bow on some poor little girls head I just want to snatch it off. I used to tell my SIL that I was going to have a bow burning party for her little girl, to spare her the future neck pain LOL.
 
4. I dated (and was engaged for a short time) to my husbands best friend a few years before we got together. The funny thing was, he and I hit it off as friends better than his best friend and I did. I remember the first longest conversation we had face to face was about the Golden Girls Show :D
 
5. I'm totally best friends with my mom. I can call her for just about anything and one of my favorite past times is hanging out with her and my sister. That is generally my girl time while my husband hunts or fishes.
 
6. I'm a total snuggler in bed. When my husband and I go to sleep, If I'm not right up under him, then there is some portion of my body touching his. Some days I don't know how he sleeps with me.
 
7. I hate the way barbies look now. I played with barbies as a little girl (when I wasn't outside with the boys building forts int he woods), and to me Barbie today just don't do the old one's justice.
 
8. I still like watching the old cartoons. Bugs bunny, Rugrats, the OLD Scooby Doo, Doug; you name it and I could so watch it right now and enjoy it... But not the new crap they call cartoons today. I personally think they suck!
 
9. I still think about my old doggie, misty. We had her for probably thirteen years, if not longer, and someone killed her when I was around sixteen or so. She was the sweetest dog ever, and to this day I want another Golden Retriever. (But I love my little spaniel/blue tick I have now, she's precious!)
 
10. My husband generally has better nails than I do. Sad, I know. But for some reason my nails just don't grow and when they do, they break. Pregnancy has given me the very itsy, bitsy perk of having great looking nails.
 
11. I am totally T-Terrified of bugs (spiders, roaches, anything with creepy crawly legs). I nearly have panic attacks when one decides to attack me (which they usually do), and don't usually think rationally when trying to get rid of them quickly.
 
 
Jessica's Questions
 
1. Who do you consider your hero?
I definitely have to say my parents. They have been so strong through some of the toughest circumstances, and somehow still have faith through it all. They are some pretty amazing and loving parents. I couldn't have asked for any better!
 
2. If you could be given any gift, what would it be?
 
I would want the gift of having great finances. I'm the kind of person, that if I'm able to give you money or go buy something or whatever, I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I haven't been blessed with having that kind of money, but anytime I have something extra, I want to go out of my way to do something for someone else, especially when I know they need it.
 
3. What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you, and why?
 
The new Hansel and Gretal was pretty disturbing. My husband and I went a month or two back and watched it in theatre's. The witches in that movie where the ugliest things I've ever seen... It was pretty weird.
 
4. What is your favorite TV show of all time?
Supernatural!!!! I'm the biggest fan, and that will be probably the ONLY TV show that I buy all the series of. I already have seasons 1-4... I'm kind of behind on the others, but I usually wait until the seasons are on sale. I got season three and four for ten bucks a piece during a Christmas sale! :)
 
5.What is the worst/most embarrassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?
I guess mine would be Phantom of the Opera, though I'm not really embarrassed of it myself. I'm pretty sure my husband would say it is embarrassing, though. I still have the music on my Ipod, and still love listening to it and watching the movie!
 
6.If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be and who would it be with?
That's tough, because there are so many places I want to go, but I would have to say Italy. I would tour every inch of it and see all the amazing places there. And I would take My husband, sister, mom, and daddy (though I'm not sure my dad would enjoy it unless he could hunt or fish somewhere there lol)
 
7. If you could have any animal/creature, what would your ultimate pet be?
I am the biggest nerd, but I would want a pet owl LOL. I loved Hedwig off Harry Potter, and then seen some other owls at this one place in Gatlinburg, TN and just fell even more in love.
 
8. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My scooter... I think. It was pretty wicked awesome, and I thought I was some hot stuff riding around my Grandma's daycare parking lot!
 
9.What are you afraid of?
BUGS! Me and little creepy critters of any kind are NOT friends!
 
10. If you could pick any other first and middle name for yourself, what would it be and why?
I used to not like my name so very much when I was younger. Rebekah just wasn't a cool name. However, as I grew up the name has grown on me. I was named after my mother, and I like to think that somehow her name might rub off on me a little so that I might become the woman she is. I think she's pretty awesome. As far as a middle name... I've always like the name Grace, but I'm picky about how names sound together, so Rebekah Grace just wouldn't work.
 
11. If you won the lottery (1 million dollars), what would you do with the money?
I was told to be honest, and the truth is... I would buy me and my husband a nice, not to fancy pants, house with good acreage, pay off the rest of my mom and dad's mortgage, and then take the entire family on a vacation to wherever, like my memaw and pop did when I was young.
 
Questions for My Nominees
 
1. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment so far?
2. If you had to sell yourself to someone, how would you describe yourself?
3. How long have you been blogging, and what got you started?
4. What was the biggest argument about that you have had with your spouse/boyfriend/or parents?
5. What has been that one moment in your life that you new changed you for forever?
6. If you could indulge yourself with one thing, what would it be?
7. Would you rather have hard copy books or electronic?
8. If you could be another person for an entire day, who would it be and why?
9. Who was your favorite character out of Harry Potter, if you were a fan?
10. What has been your favorite Halloween costume that you've worn in the past?
11. If someone gave you ten thousand dollars to go skydiving once, would you do it?
 
I Nominate...
 
Okay, so there ya go!
Thank you again Jessica for nominating me!
It was fun answering all the questions and going through my reading list,
to find those other blogs I truly enjoy reading!
Good Luck Everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment