Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sometimes, It just has to be OK

My heart is heavy today.
Last night my family and I found out that Hospice
 was called in for a dear friend of my mothers,
and great, Godly lady.

She's was told she had cancer over a year back.
She had surgery to remove it, and was told she was good to go.
Except she never truly got better.
Come to find out that the doctor didn't do his job properly,
And the cancer was terminal.
Even with treatment, they didn't give her very long,
so she chose to fore go the treatment.

My church along with many others have been praying for her healing.
We haven't heard the results we've wanted,
and even when the doctors telling her she may only have a matter of days left,
we are still believing.

When I got the news last night, I began to pray.
As I prayed, I remembered what God spoke in his word...

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die... ~Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

I know God has a plan and purpose to everything.
I may not understand it, and at times, I may not even like it,
but he still has a plan.

However, I also remember another scripture.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth;
And he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
~Matthew 7:7-8

Again, God has a plan, and what we ask for may not be a part of his perfect will.
However, I also know that prayer changes things.
He said it in Matthew... ask, and it shall be given you!

I've seen prayer change things.
Sis. Trish, I mentioned her long ago in a post,
who was diagnosed with cancer at our church, went through the entire treatment,
and came out of it cancer free with her long hair still intact
 (something most people lose).

Both are God-fearing women.
Both have dedicated their life to God.
Both have sacrificed and would give the very shirt off their back.

So why should one come through cancer-free,
while the other is now sitting in ICU,
the doctors predicting very little time left for her?

Naturally, I want to ask God why?
Why do these things happen to such good people;
To people whose entire lives have been lived for Him?

I have no answers for that myself.
If I did, I would give them to the family to comfort them in this time of
questioning, of hanging in the balance and waiting to see what God will do.
All I have is my faith, that God's ultimate, perfect plan
is bigger than what I can see or understand.

My father and I have discussed so many times how, as Believers,
we are not exempt from the bad things in life.
We have to go through them and endure them just like everyone else.
We are no better than those who do not believe in God or put their faith in Him.
We just have something to keep us, to hold to, to ease and comfort us
when we do have to go through such dark times.

My prayers are with the Hamilton Family,
as something akin to Family myself, I hurt with them,
and long for God to work miraculously through her healing.
I will keep praying and believing.
God is still able, I have no doubt.
However, I ask that you remember God's plan, the one we may not comprehend,
should he decide to take her home.
The Earth may lose an amazing, inspiring, and wonderful wife/mother/friend
and precious Christian lady.
But Heaven will have gained an Angel like no other.

God Bless...
 
 
Its Ok Thursdays
 
It's OK
 
...To wonder why things happen
 
...To question God's purpose because we don't understand
 
...To keep believing in God, even through such difficult times
 
...To be reminded how important it is to not take one day, one hour, one minute
or second for granted
 
...To remember that life is too short to not to love, to give, to care, to be a friend
 
...To let go of the trivial things, because, again, life is too short to hold onto
anger, malice, envy, etc.
 
...To aspire to be a woman such as Sis. Hamilton, someone who knew how to
give, love and what sacrifice truly was
 
...To ask God for things, because he said to in his word
 
I know that this wasn't my usual, happy post.
However, I hope that it helps someone who maybe
is going through something similar.
Maybe you don't understand...
Maybe you need to be reminded of God's promise,
and to accept God's plan and purpose, even though it may hurt.
Just remember that God truly does love each and every one of you,
and he isn't here to cause pain, but to ease it.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. We are still praying and believing as well. You aren't the only one who has used the "why?" when turning to God. It's confusing, and sometimes frustrating, but this is why it's called faith. Believing though it makes no sense or seems impossible. Sis. Hamilton has always been an inspiration and I love her and the whole family as if they were my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to ask "why" alot and I feel that's why God has sent me on the path that I'm on since I ask too many questions. But one day we'll all be where we're supposed to be. Good luck to your friend, I know too well how that situation is, I dealt with it 13 years ago with my Mom. Best wishes!

    Stopping by from Its OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you have lost a dear friend. Sometimes it's hard to lose someone you love dearly. But in time it heals and god is with you all the way. I often thought why myself when one of my best friends from high school got shot in the face by her boyfriend and passed away. She was only 24. Another good friend dies from cancer at 19 right after she graduated high school. I could go on but time is healing and god will be walking with you all the way. Just got to put your trust in god.
    I hope you have a blessed week ahead.

    ReplyDelete