Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Time For Remembering

Hello Everyone...
 
I hope this post finds each one of you happy on this day.
After all, why shouldn't you be happy?
I am sure each of us could find something to complain about...
Work, Co-workers, Bills, Finances, etc.
However, if I always focused on finding something that is wrong,
I would always be depressed.
 
Some days, it just doesn't seem like such a big deal.
On weeks like this week, all the "going wrongs" seems pretty minuscule.
Sometimes, we have to be reminded how blessed we are.
 
On Monday, heaven's gates opened to accept one more special person.
Most people might have known her by a different name,
but I just called her Grandma Steele.
 
 
So today, when normally I would go about my normal routine,
I find myself remembering.
 
Yes, I'm sad that she is gone.
And yet I find myself smiling.
 
She lived to be a hundred, a legacy in itself.
And, though she is no longer with us here on earth, I find myself reliving memories...
 
I remember croquet and honey suckle bushes.
My cousins and I would pick the honey suckle off the bushes and taste it,
then move on to playing a game of croquet in her yard.
 
I remember all of the neat things in her house and all the stories that went along with them.
 
I remember when my dad bought her the Tigger that sang the Tigger song.
She thought it was the best thing.
 
Most of all,
I remember her laughter.
It was an infectious laughter,
and every time she would get to going,
you couldn't help but laugh along with her.
Her joy in things was absolutely contagious.
 
She might not be with us in body anymore,
but her memory remains with those left here on earth.
 
My Daddy wrote a song a long time ago,
and sang it at my best friends Grandmother's funeral,
and for some reason I thought of it...
 
You took a left, so take a right.
Go straight ahead, follow the light.
And at the end, you'll hear Him say,
Well done my Child, you found the way.
You fought the fight
You kept the faith.
Child you run home, you won the race.
Receive your crown, and your robe of white.
And enter in to eternal life.
 
Welcome home, Grandma.
 


2 comments:

  1. 100 yrs is such a long time. I don't think I ever got to meet her. I love that song That always stick out in my mind from my Grandmas funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely left an amazing legacy. I am glad she is at peace and happy with Jesus...a place we all long to be.

    ReplyDelete