Tuesday, February 12, 2013

5 Week Rambles!

Hello All!
 
Thankfully, Monday is over!
I totally saved myself the trouble of fighting for a parking spot yesterday and ditched class.
It just seemed like too much work, and a waste of gas, to go watch a movie that I can see on Youtube.
 
Today I am Five weeks pregnant!!  
I really couldn't be more excited about that fact.
I thought it would be a good idea, starting this week, to start documenting.
 
Baby Dixon is...
 
The size of an Appleseed!
 
My little Appleseed is starting to form major organs
 (heart, stomach liver and kidneys)
&
Systems
(digestive, circulatory, and nervous)
In only five weeks! :)
 
 
 
 
Symptoms/Changes
 
EMOTIONAL...very.
Sore breasts
Weirdo dreams (already!)
Intense Smells...
 
I haven't been sick --Thank God-- just a little nauseous here and there
And I haven't had a smell make me sick,
but they are really intense.
Like yesterday at work, I'm in my office and all I could smell was burnt popcorn.
I don't know who had it, or where it was at...
But it smelled like someone had slapped it on my desk.
Then walking by the car/sporting goods section in Walmart...
I totally had to walk away.
It stunk to me lol
 
Funny/Sweet Moments
 
Remember how I mentioned I was emotional...
Well, my husband and I rented the Alex Cross movie last night with Tyler Perry,
And I'm not going to spoil it, but there was this part in there that was sad, and I totally cried.
And I'm not talking a silent tear or two,
I'm talking I boo hoo'd.
My hubby, Wade, thought it was amusing.
 
Another Funny...
My husband has got it in his head to call the baby Junior.
He wants a boy, and says that he is calling it Junior until we know the gender for sure.
I refuse to call my baby, that just might happen to be a girl, Junior.
I say Baby Dixon
It's an on going argument.
He has his followers and I have mine!
LOL
 
I've been, sort of, stressing the future changes to my body.
I'm sure all women have the fear of getting bigger, the irrevocable changes/marks/size,
and worry of what your husband will think of you when that time comes, and after the birth.
I'd been thinking about that, and even googled what people's husbands had thought about them during pregnancy, like whether they'd been disgusted, turned off, etc...
(I know, pathetic, but I did)
Well yesterday, my husband kind of put a lot of my worries to rest.
We were driving down the road, heading to stop by a middle school game where my BIL was working, and we started talking about the baby and the changes my body will make.
He said something about he couldn't wait until I started showing.
I was actually quite shocked by the statement.
I guess in my own mind, all I could think was baby or not, I'm going to be big and undesirable.
Of course, I am, very very slowly, starting to realize that my husband doesn't think the same way I do.
Nor does he see the same things I see.
So I ask him..
You are excited aren't you, about seeing the changes and the whole process of this.
He replied with an excited yes.
If he was lying, I would know. He isn't very good at it.
 
I don't know, it took off some of the pressure and worry
Now I feel like I can enjoy the changes in my body with him,
instead of freak out when the time comes.
Though, I may still do that a little anyways.
 
Anyways,
That is what is going on with me and Baby Dixon
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. This is all so exciting!
    Sounds like your hubby is excited as well!
    =) =)

    Thanks for the updates!!

    ReplyDelete