Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day!

Yeehaw!

You gotta love some Jake Owen rockin' in the car during a road trip! Yes, I'm writing my blog in the car! My husband and I are heading North to Georgia to see my husband's family and spend the rest of our holiday break with them! It's been nearly six months since we've gotten to stay up there a few days, so I'm excited we are getting to! I know he misses them like crazy. Shoot, I would!

Anyways! Our Thanksgiving started last night it a bonfire, hot dogs, marshmallows, and apple cider floats! Those things were pretty amazing! My sister found the recipe (on pinterest I'm pretty sure, of course)! It was apple cider, ginger ale, vanilla ice cream, Cinnamon and caramel drizzle! Ah-mazing!


YUM!


There was also entertainment! My BIL (brother-in-law) decided to do a solo with my husband playing the guitar for him... You can really see him, but you can hear him Ha-Ha!!



Today, we had dinner with my family at my Memaw and Papaw's house! I love that house! I have so many memories in that house, it isn't even funny. My memaw has always been a very unique grandmother! I would stay with her when I was younger and literally she would stay up as late as we did. She was a night owl, which was exactly how I was when I was younger, so obviously I got it from her. She's be up at 3 a.m. with us watching TV or cleaning her office. It makes me laugh thinking about it now, just because she was so opposite of my own mother.

Anyways (totally went off subject)...

Back to the point: We had dinner around 1 p.m this afternoon with some of our family! The only missing pieces was my brother and his kids. I hated that they weren't there, but... well what can ya do! We had a great time anyways! Here are a few pictures! :)


Turkey Time! :)


My homemade (yes, I said homemade) pumpkin pie!



My Memaw's carrot cake!

My Smexy Georgia Boy! ;)

I was wanting a serious picture.... so much for that lol

 
Right to left: Rachel (sister), My Memaw, My mom (Joy), and Me


So there was the time with my family! I am so thankful for the family I have. I couldn't have asked for better. Now we are on the way to my second family's house. I have some pretty great in-laws as well, and we have a full weekend planned of fun things to do... Like me and the SIL going to see Breaking Dawn part 2. Ha-ha, That would be my second time, but oh well. Really, who is counting anyways?!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! If you are going out into the craziness tonight and tomorrow, be safe and have a blast! Love you guys and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Love all the pictures!! Have fun in Georgia! Girl, I love me some Jake Owen too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video didn't upload or something. Anyways its funny how I'll post something then go and read something you've previously posted and realize that we say almost the same things. God seriously...we scare me. I'm terrified some days hahaha.

    ReplyDelete