Monday, November 26, 2012

Bath & Body Plus Yummy-ness!

As some of you know from my last post, My husband and I have been in Georgia this past Wednesday, visiting our family (His parents and sister). Ironically, we both started getting sore throats the Thursday night we arrived, which is a total bummer, but we've been fighting through the mess and enjoyed our time there anyways! Friday morning my husband and I went our separate ways; he with his friend Tony and me with my mother-in-law and sis-in-law! Bet you can't guess where we went?!?

You are sooo smart! Yes! We went shopping! We hit up the mall where we found ourselves in Bath and Body and we totally racked up!

Now mind you, I rarely ever go and buy me anything from bath and body, but they had this fabulous deal where you could buy three and get three free. So I get this brilliant idea; Three of us means two items a piece and we can split the price. But then one of the sales lady approaches us..

DUN DUN DUN....

And informs us that if we spend $40 or more that we can get the VIP bag for $20 (the bag alone is regular $120) and it has a gift set of 5 or six items in it. So I'm like lets do that and we can just split the total price in . Well then my MIL tells me and Nicole to go pick out two big candles because she has a buy one item get one item free coupon for a purchase of $10 or more. So we go and do that....

Then of course my MIL goes back on the deal and pays for the whole thing telling me its an early Christmas present! Did I mention the total, on any other day than Black Friday, would have been $159 and we only paid $67 and some change! Oh yeah! I LOVE getting AWESOME deals like that!


I love their bags!


The gift set in the VIP bag


The VIP bag had a little bag with it... I kept that! ;)

And all our goodies together! :)

 So after our Bath and Body excursion and grocery shopping, we went home where we then baked some yummy divinity! I don't know about you guys, but Divinity is my new favorite sweet for this time of year! I used to not like it when I was younger, but I am  now truly converted! It's a very difficult thing to make, but my MIL has it down to a science! She let me help make it so I could learn and then gave me her recipe with a few side tips to hopefully make my trial a success when I done it on my own! This was how they turned out...


Success!! :)


So scrumptious!


I was so proud to have helps make

Anyways,  Saturday we had a lot of family from both of my sides of my Mother and Father in law's. We had a great time eating yummy food, playing volleyball, and catching up! Later on, my husband, SIL and myself went to town. We hit up Walmart for me some cold meds, Game Stop so my sis-in-law could get her new game for her xbox, and then the mall where I found a dress at Belk. The marked down price said $17, regular price $72.... well I got it for $9! Another score! I love it! It's my first little black dress!

That's all of my Holiday adventures! We had a blast visiting our family up in Georgia and can't wait to see them again soon! I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving! Next Up... Christmas! Yay! Can't wait to hear all of your Holiday adventures! :)

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome B&BW deal!! Love that store! I could spend some major $$$ there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally wanted to get to Bath and Body works but it was packed and I didn't even attempt it lol The lotion makes me break out but I love the candles and I'm always buying gifts there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to work at BBW! For the two weeks or so leading up to christmas, there is usually a doorbuster each day--things like "Body spray for $3" and such! And those VIP totes are ALWAYS the best deals! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete