Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bradley Day and Rambles

So, today was a big day for our church. Every year our church works several nights for a three weeks or so and make peanut brittle. I may be bragging just a little, but it is the best brittle around; homemade,buttery, light and airy, and utterly delicious! The process of making it can be long and grueling, but we still have a blast. Gathering ingredients, pot stirring, pie-pan pouring, cooling, and wrapping. We can make around 200 patties in about two hours, which is pretty darn good.

Anyways, back to my point....


We make all of this peanut brittle, then load it up and go to Bradley Day. It's exhausting having to get there by 7:30 (it's over half an hour a way), and then we stay there until we sale out, which has been happening faster and faster each year! I love that people who have bought from us previously come back looking for us! There were two other vendors selling peanut brittle and I couldn't count how many would try a piece of ours, already having bought some from the other place, and say how good it was and buy a piece. Some even bought three with our special deal (3 patties for $10, What a Steal!!). Thanks to everyone who was there and helped out! You guys are awesome!

Even some of the younger kids enjoyed it. They got out there giving out samples while other's helped with the selling in the booth (So proud of all of them)!!

They have some of the cutest things there. From homemade ornaments to homemade quilts, there isn't much that you can't find from one vendor or another! I fell in love with this man's homemade furniture! He handmakes every piece of them! Unfortunately my phone so died, so I couldn't get any pictures, but I so got his card, and I plan on buying me a piece one day (even though they were kind of pricey), but still, I mean it's homemade! Of course it would be expensive!

*Side note* my husband is so falling asleep on the couch beside me as I write this. We are supposed to be watching a movie and I'm writing on my blog and he's sleeping... so much for that! LOL

Here's some of my rambles of the night  (a.k.a random thoughts going through my head)!

<3I'm super excited about Thanksgiving! We get to eat with my family that afternoon, and then we are going up to see the In-Laws! My lil SIL and I are totoally having a mini girls night and hitting the theatres to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 (which would make my second time LOL). So much to look forward too....

<3This week is only a three day work week! I'm totally stoked about that!

<3This semester is nearly over! YAY!

<3 I'm not sure I like this movie...parts have made me cringe. I'd expected better since it has one of my favorite all time actors in it #TeamBruceWillis

<3 I absolutely love my family!

I hope everyone had a great Saturday! XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Yummm peanut brittle!! And girl, I'm just as excited for a three day work week! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, making it every year you almost get sick of it, though. But I still have to try at least ONE piece haha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. At laurens ballet photoshoot one of the moms was talking to me and said they were going to bradleys when they left there and so I commenced to tell her about the awesome peanut brittle made by this awesome church and she says "oh yeah I know. I support them every year" it was so cool to hear that. I just hate so much that I wasnt apart of it this year :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me.... you were totally missed. I told mom that morning that I hated you weren't going to be there! But it is what it is. Maybe next year! And I think it's neat that you met a person who actually knew who we were! Awesome!!!

      Delete