Friday, October 5, 2012

Bisters and Listers

So I was sitting at my desk talking to my sister, nothing unusual there. We were talking about her blog post ( I love reading her blog, and it has nothing to do with bias), and I was expressing how I wanted to write on my blog but felt as if I had nothing to write on. Lately my life has consisted of three things: School, Work, and Church. Not much else has happened in between other than going to the gym and reading books I've already read twice over in between classes to cure my boredom. I didn't want to write on that and bore you guys to death. Blogs are supposed to be fun and interesting, and I wasn't feeling as if anything I would write would come off as either of those. I had that wretched Blogger's Block, if you will. So anyways... I'm saying all this and then it is my sister who then tell's me, "You don't have to do things to write about...write about a favorite memory or a favorite picture or something like that"... So instead of doing my Research Paper something I've been working on for the last few hours, I decided to take a break and write about one of my favorite things in the whole wide world.............. my Bister!!

For those of you who don't know Bister stands for "Big Sister" and Lister stands for "Little Sister". My sister (Rachel) and I are five years apart. She's the bratty big sister who thinks she was the perfect child, while I'm the bratty little sister (the baby), who still says  that "I'm the one that didn't do nothin'". After all, it wasn't my fault that I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time with my two older siblings. We weren't always best friends, because we shared a room until she got married at sixteen. But once we didn't have to share a room and bed, we were amazingly close. Even when she moved to Virginia (because my oh so wonderful BIL joined the Navy :p ) we stayed close. I would spend the summer with her, we would talk through IM and on the phone and eventually through our favorite mode of communication at this point in time, texting. I have moments that happen very often where I see something funny and I laugh and think "Dang I wish my sister was here", so then I text her or call her and proceed to tell her about it. Funny thing is, she does exactly the same thing with me! I honestly never thought, when I was a child, that my sister would be my very best friend, yet here we are years later finishing each other's sentences. People actually ask us if we are twins at times. I couldn't count how many times we've been asked!!

The Deets on my BiStEr!

My sister, Rachel, has been married for 12 years now. She's a mother of three (ages 11, 9, and 5), a pastor's wife, a full time employee, a house keeper, animal keeper, party planner, house decorator, hair/makeup fixer-upper, etc. You name it, she can do it. That's not how she see's herself, but that's how I see her. When I look at her I see this beautiful women who  is strong and intelligent, yet vulnerable and doesn't mind being silly (some of the best combinations in my opinion). She's creative and super, duper talented! She's caring and sensitive to other's feelings, but she isn't afriad to tell you what she thinks. She's one of my heroes, though she probably didn't know that.. She's what I've measured myself to, thinking "if only I could be like my sister in this" or if someone asks me to do something that we all know she is better at I reply with "I'm not Rachel, but sure I can do it". Rachel has the ability to read me like a book, no matter what it has to deal with. We have a lot of the same interests, we love the same books, and we both get overly excited when we are talking about a subject that interests us. I can literally go and talk to her about anything, and whether she agrees with me or not, I know she will listen and won't judge me. I don't have to change anything about myself for her and she doesn't for me. She doesn't criticize what I like or put them down or tell me it's stupid. She is, honestly, the best friend that anyone could ever have. We have our moments where we get mad and frustrated with eachother, but it ends pretty quickly, and then it is like it has never happened.

Therefore....

Today I'm dedicating this to two seperate Bister/Lister moments. For some reason we have these occasions (not often, but every now and then), where we get a little camera happy. We take fifty million pictures in a row, mostly retarded one's, and crack up laughing throughout our entire little "photoshoot".

The first one was after our October Bash Party. she was taking me home late from her house and we got a little crazy with the camera in their truck...

It Started with This.....(which was pretty good)
 
 
Which led to this...
 
And then followed with this...
 
Then turned into this....
 
Which unfolded into this...
 
Then somehow changed into this....
 
And then went into this....
 
Finishing with this...
 
 
I have to confess, that these were not all the pictures. tThere was quite a bit more, but I just picked out some of my favorites from where we started to where we ended.. We literally spent probably 45 minutes or so in the truck just snapping pictures.
 
 
Another time this happened was the night of my niece's birthday party/slash slumber party (Rachel's oldest daughter). We decided to have our own little after party once the girls finally went to sleep, and it went like this...
 
 
Started with this...
 
Which turned into this...
 
Then changed into this....
 
Which morphed into this....
 
And then spiraled into this...
 
Which I think is what caused this.....
 
And somehow turned into this...
 
Then it ended in this...

 
 
LOL
 
Once again there was many more pictures we took than this, but these were the funniest that I picked out. Obviously we are a mess when we get together. We call it epiphaland (e-pif-a-land). Somehow we always manage to get lost in our own little world when we are together no matter where we are at, and that is what we dubbed "our own little world".
 
 
To my sister Rachel:
 
Though at times life seems pretty dreary and we are left wondering why we have to go through the things we go through.However, there are always pieces of light that shine through those overcast clouds. Even on my bad days, I hang out with you or just talk to you, and somehow you send a light right to me, making me smile and make me realize that I have things to smile about! I love you so much , sister. You are such an inspiration, even though you have no idea that you are!
 
*Let me know if you would like to see more "Epiphaland" Moments! :)
 

 

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea you would take what I said and write this! LOL Gah I was crying my eyes out then laughing so hard the people standing outside my office probably thought I was mentally derranged! I love you so much sis. You just have no clue. Your my bestest-estest- estest friend ever. You just totally made my entire week. Love you LISTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made your week! I will make it even better when I get to your house Sunday! I'm so glad I get to spend the entire day with you! :) And I will definitely post some more Epiphaland moments! :) We need to make some more of them...maybe sunday?!?!

      Delete
  2. oh btw I would LOVE to see more of our Ephiphaland moments...love reliving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a cute post! Y'all remind me of me & my sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think sisters make the best of friends! I swear it! :)

      Delete