Friday, September 21, 2012

Feel Good Pills! ;)

So, although it's Friday, I've been having a crummy day. It's one of those days where if I had a rock to climb under, I'd so do it and stay there until it all got better. However, I, unfortunately, do not have that choice. I have to have money to live and bills to pay, so I can't leave work and find said rock nor will my problems disappear. The fact that I'm having to work on study guides and research paper crapola, isn't making me feel any better. Therefore, I've decided to nip the schoolwork in the bud for a moment, and post some random things I've been loving and some things I found that make me smile!!!

First thing I've been loving... is my Naked 1 Palette! I know that in general the hype about this palette is over, especially given the second version is out. However, I don't have the second and this one has come so in handy since I've started going to the gym in the mornings to work out. I throw this in my makeup bag and I have all the eyeshadows I need! My favorite combonation has been: Sin and Virgin all over the lid with Naked and Buck in the crease! Then I take hustle and put in on the lower lashline! And Voila!


 
 
 


I found this Pumpkin cake on Pinterest and totally fell in love with it! I love everything fall, and the fact that tomorrow is the very first day has me praying for cooler weather and dying to go shopping for Fall decor for my house. As soon as I seen this cake I text my Memaw and told her I found something we need to bake. She loves to bake things, and I enjoy it when I have the time. So I thought this would be a great idea to eat of course, but to spend some quality time together as well!!

 
 

I found this on pinterest as well and thought it was so stinking cute. My sister started this owl fetish that has infected me! Anything owl, and we are dying to get it! As soon as I seen it I thought of her and it made me smile! :) 
 (My sister, Rachel just got a blog... check her out!! http://cupcakesandhorseshoes.blogspot.com/)
  



Another "pintresting" idea! I found this on pintrest in the early July days and thought, "what the hey! I'll give it a try". I mean it couldn't actually hurt, giving its only three ingredients; witchhazel (very small amount), lemon juice, and water. Sooo.... I gave it a try and I LOVED it! My cheeks had patchy red marks from acne scarring that I felt like wouldn't fade even a little bit. I was also breaking out with pimples daily. It was ridiculous! Now i'm not telling you that I'm no longer breaking out or have acne scarring. I still have both. However, I believe that I finally found a skinecare routine, and with a big help from this Brightening toner, that it helped fade those acne scars and also helps me not to break out as often as I was. Some days, if I don't have a lot of time in the morning, I'll just rince my face, swipe this on with a cotton ball, then moisturize and be on my way! (I found it works better for me if I leave it in the fridge where it stays cool!)

Last, but definitely not least, Is the homemade scrub/exfoliator that I make for my face! Honey and Sugar (or brown sugar). Honestly, I quit buying exfoliators and just started using this. I never found a store-bought exfoliator that worked well on my skin or exfoliated like I wanted to. I seen a recipe for this one day on the internet, tried it, and totally fell in love. It is the best exfoliator minus all the extra chemicals and additives. It seriously makes your skin fell amazing. I have some serious oily/combination skin (i'm oily all over, but get dry around my nose and somtimes my mouth), and it works great on my skin. It makes my face feel so soft! I usually use this right after I take my makeup off with a makeup wipe and then I'll go in with my cleanser (Cetaphil), with my olay pro X. I exfoliate with this 1-2 times a week. Then, about once every few weeks, I'll kick it up a notch and add in just a tiny pit of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice!! It's amazing stuff and you know what you are putting on your face!

Well that's it for now! I already feel better talking about these things! Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I tagged you in the Versatile Blogger tag!! I can't wait to read your response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from the link on Michelle's blog. What a cute blog!!! Stop by and share the love! :)
    http://careerdesirestobottlesanddiapers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I absolutely love the cake...both of them but especially the owl! How flipping adorable!! BTW I still am in love with my Naked 2 Palette!

    ReplyDelete