Sunday, August 19, 2012

Family, Friends, and The Cheesecake Factory!

Hello again!!! I can't say enough how Good God has been! So many things are changing, and life seems to be in fast-forward, but God is still good and the change up is necessary to get us out of our comfortable little rut.

So I got to take a miniature little trip on Saturday to Jacksonville, a few hours away from where I live, to visit a precious lady from our church. Sister Trish has been such a blessing to so many lives! She always has a smile and even in the worst of times, she can find something positive to Thank God for. Just recently she was diagnosed with Cancer, and it is having to do treatments over in Jacksonville. God has truly used people to bless her. Time has been donated to her so that almost her entire leave for her treatment (up until December) is covered. People have also been donating money to help her stay over there in a motel until her treatments are through. Even now, as her treatments progress and take a lot of energy out of her, she is still smiling.

Saturday my mother, my sister, my aunt, and myself decided to go over and spend the day with her, that way we could see her and help her with whatever she needed. Little did we know that a group of other ladies we knew went over on the same day with the same idea in mind (so thankful for people who truly care). So we went and picked up her, and off to the Cheesecake factory we all went! It was a first time for several of us. I was super excited, since I've heard about it from several people, I couldn't wait to experience it myself.

So first off, the menu was literally a book. I was overwhelmed by how many choices there were. It was pages on top of pages of food choices. I'm indecisive anyways, so I was so torn on what to get! To make a long story short, I decided on Teriyaki Chicken for the main course and  for my cheesecake I got the Hershey Chocolate Cheesecake!






The Bread was Yummy!





I forgot to take a picture of it before I started digging in lol





I did the same thing with my cheesecake! haha!







I loved the little hershey!





I did get a picture of my sister cheesecake before she ate it. She had the White Chocolate
Macadamian Nut Cheesecake



The day ended with a grocery trip to Walmart for our beloved sister in Christ. Before we knew it, it was time to leave her. The day was wonderful, though, and I was so thankful we were able to go over and see her. I hope she knows how much she is loved and how precious she is to all of us back at home. Continue to pray for her, and help us believe God in her healing. For our God is still a God of healing.

I hope everyone had a wonderfully blessed weekend, and that this week is equally blessed!

TTFN (Ta-Ta-For-Now)

2 comments:

  1. It absolutely was! I felt like I needed to be rolled out of there! lol

    ReplyDelete