Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Newest Obsession

At the moment I'm battling the urge to either hug my supervisor,
or give her shake and ask her what she was thinking!!!
 
Which of course, I would almost never do... ;)
 
She and I share a love of reading,
so when we got to talking books, and she began telling me about Divergent,
I knew I wanted to read it.


 
 
Basically, if you liked the Hunger Games, you will love this.
It is similar, in the way the futuristic society is broken up; instead of Districts, like The Hunger Games, they are called Factions.
There are Five Factions: Amity, Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Erudite.
 
Needless to say, I'm hooked. I started the first book Friday, and finished it Friday night.
The second book I bought on Sunday, and finished it Monday night.
I tried, tried, TRIED, to slow it down on the second one,
because I knew I had until October for the third one came out,
but that didn't happen.
I was totally sucked in, unable to put the stupid book down for too long,
because I HAD to know what would happen next.
 
Now I have 4 months until the third book, Allegiant, comes out.
I will definitely be pre-ordering this book.
 
I think my favorite thing about this book is the relationship that forms
between two of the main characters.
But I won't spoil it for you.
You will just have to read them yourself!
 
The movie comes out next year; March I think.
So I'm super excited!
That means more premiers for my sister and I to attend! :)
 


3 comments:

  1. This series is on my to-read list. I might wait until later this summer though, so I don't have to wait so long for the next installment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! thank you so much for suggesting this. I've been on the hunt for a book series like the Hunger Games! Even though my time to read is limited I still miss it and look forward to reading when I can:) I'm going to the bookstore asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading Insurgent! I am obsessed!

    ReplyDelete