Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Food (Yummy)

First things first...
 
I wanted to apologize for my uber, depressingly, short post yesterday.
Yesterday wasn't a very good day.
And when you are having a terrible not so good day, it's hard to keep it from
seeping into your blogging.
 
However, today is a brand new day, and I'm feeling much, much better!
Seeing as it is Friday, that tends to help.
Who doesn't love Friday's?
 
I am, once again, making up a menu and grocery list.
I know I JUST done this on Monday,
but I decided that since our church no longer has night services on Sunday,
I would take advantage of that time to grocery shop,
instead of waiting until Monday evening, when I'm exhausted.
 
I mentioned yesterday in my Its OK Thursday link-up,
that I have a love/hate relationship with cooking.
It used to just be a straight-up HATE relationship, so I've made progress.
However, while I've come to enjoy it more, I still have that tiny bit of dislike going on,
which may be a bit of an understatement.
 
The love part really kicks in, though, when my meal comes together,
and, of course, I get compliments on it from even some of the pickiest of eaters.
For example, when my dad compliments something I've made,
then I know its good, because he isn't one to hold back.
He would bluntly tell me if something wasn't good or not.
 
Last night I tried one of my newbie recipe's from pinterest.
I have been trying to incorporate at least one new recipe in my menu each week.
This week was the Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake.
Click Here for the original recipe.
 
My version of end result
 
 
One thing you should know about me...
is that I NEVER strictly follow the recipe.
 
 
As soon as I read over a recipe, I already know what I will, more than likely, skip.
Very rarely do I not skip over something in the recipe.
 
With this recipe, the first thing it tells you to do is put 1 TBSP of olive oil in the bottom of the pan and slice an onion to put in it and bake it for however long.
 
The first thing I didn't do was measure the olive oil.
I just put enough in the bottom of the pan to coat the bottom.
 
Second thing I didn't do was the onion.
I didn't have one and stopping by the store for just one onion just didn't make sense to me.
So I just skipped it altogether.
 
Third thing I didn't do was use chicken breast.
I used what I had, which was leg quarters.
So I boiled me some leg quarters, and then shredded it into the mixture.
 
I also forgot to add salt and pepper.
Oops!
However, it was fine.
I just made sure everyone drizzled a little on there before eating it.
 
Even with that little mishap, I still got compliments.
I took some to my mom and dad because we had so much leftover,
and they both complimented me on it.
Score!!
 
My husband even told me that it was one of the best things I've ever made.
I love it when (and IF) my meals come together LOL.
 
I'll share my next Menu of the Week with you on Monday! :)
 
Does anyone else have that Love/Hate relationship with cooking?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment