Monday, June 10, 2013

Menu Monday & 5 for Five

Today is going to be a good day, Monday or not.
I feel like, if I keep telling myself this, then just maybe, it will be.
Mind over matter right! :)

So over the weekend I thought it would be fun,
that along with my 5 for Five post on Monday's,
I would start something like a Menu Monday.

I've mentioned several times on my blogs about my menu's and grocery shopping lists.
I've mentioned how much of a pain in the rear-end it is,
and my love/hate relationship for cooking in general.

In a sick and twisted way, though, I kind of enjoy it all.
It makes me feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day,
and that at least one small piece of my life is on track in an organized,
non-chaotic way.

Let me know if it something you are interested in, and if there are enough people who are interested,
we can do some sort of link-up, which is ALWAYS fun!

Okay, So last Friday I put my Menu and shopping list together,
and then, yes, I took the time to make up a cute menu on PowerPoint to put on my fridge.



Just a little screen capture of what my menu look like.


  My Menu Plan for the Week.

Monday
Meatball Stroganoff
(my newbie recipe for the week)
Click here for recipe

Tuesday
Chicken Pot Pie
(I can't find the link for this recipe,
but if you want it I have it printed out at home,
and can post it one day...really simple)

Wednesday
Hotdogs w/ chips

Thursday
Taco Stuffed Shells
Click here for recipe

Friday
Chicken Strips
w/ a veggie

Saturday
Spaghetti
w/ garlic bread

Sunday
Chicken and Spinach
Pasta Bake
(yes again... I was impressed)
Click here for recipe

Side Note: I'm a Pinterest Recipe Fanatic

Now as usual, I don't go by this strictly.
This is only a guideline so I know exactly what I have that I can cook.
You'll notice on the bottom of my menu (picture above),
I have a space where I put "Optional Dinners".
This was for any dinners pushed over from the previous week.
This way we have lots of options for the week! :)

So what does your Menu look like for the week?

 


PartyOfOne

Last Weeks Goals

1. Clean Bathroom
Check!!
2. Make up Menu and Grocery List for the week
Proud of myself for staying on top of this! :)
 
3. Get the rest of the Furniture out of baby room
This was a no go, but maybe this week!
 
4. Get Secret Sister a Gift
Finally got this done!!!
 
5. Get Graduation Gift
Ended up just giving money, because I couldn't find what I wanted to give,
but hey, it is still a gift!


New Goals

1. Polish and Vacuum

2. Bring at least 4x to work

3. Get the rest of the furniture out of baby room

4. Read my Bible every morning at work

5. Blog 5 days



What goals do you want to accomplish this week?!




1 comment:

  1. I REALLY need to start meal planning again. I do miss cooking sometimes. I honestly can't tell you the last time I made a meal though, my mom has been around and Nick does most of the cooking. I need to start eating better now that I'm not preggo anymore! My aversion to meat kept me from cooking for almost my entire pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete