Monday, March 11, 2013

MIA Blogger

Hello everyone!

So last week I completely disappeared from the blogger world.
I went to work for like a day and a half,
and then on Wednesday, while my husband and I were headed to our first baby appointment,
my car broke down...

Awesome, right?

I woke up Wednesday morning with a sore throat that escalated into a full blown sinus infection...
I was literally on the couch for the next three days.
Hence the reason I was MIA.

I did nothing for the rest of the week, and there isn't any exaggeration on that.
Wednesday, after finally getting home, I slept, and didn't even go to church Wednesday night.
Thursday I was either on the couch or in my bed.
Friday I was on my Mom's couch LOL...

Anyways, enough about that.
You get the point... I was very sick.
Now back to my baby appointment, the only good thing that went right last week.

After arriving thirty minutes late (thank you Ford Focus), we were taken back so I could pee in a cup, step on a scale, asked a million questions and got half my blood taken.

Sounds like a blast, right?
LOL.

I'm sounding really snarky, I know, but I won't lie and say it was fun.
The best part for both my husband and I, was the ultrasound.

 
There is our little Appleseed!
We were told I measured at exactly eight weeks, a day short of what my last period said, but we were told that was normal.
Baby Dixon is a healthy little blob (what it first looked like to me lol).
Then we heard his heartbeat, and that is when I nearly lost it.
I totally teared up listening to my baby's heart beat at 150 beats per minute
CRAZY!
 
It definitely seems a little more real now, having a picture of my little gummy bear,
which is what my best friend Michelle said it looked like Ha-ha!
She was right, it kind of does.
 
Either way, I love my little blob-looking, gummy bear that we call Appleseed!
We have our next appointment April 3rd!
Can't wait!!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I get emotional every single time I hear my babies heartbeat. I guess because when I had my miscarriage we never got to hear it. So now when I do it's always a relief. I had a sinus infection a few weeks ago and it was pretty awful, considering I couldn't take anything for it. I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little gummy bear already.

    ReplyDelete