Friday, August 16, 2013

Oh, Friday

I will be the first to say, if someone hasn't already beat me to it, that I am so glad it is Friday. 

This past week has felt like the week from H-E- Double Hockey sticks.
Yes I went old school there. 

I could rant and rave about it, but I'm not. I can't do anything to change any of it, so I'm just kind of rolling with it the best I can. Sometimes that just means forcing a smile on my face and staying as positive as possible. After all, things could always be much worse. 


With that being said, I'll talk about some good things... one being the dinner I made last night. 

I am very proud to say that I made home made Chicken Alfredo for the first time every last night; meaning the sauce didn't come out of a jar. Of course it helped that it was so stinkin' easy. So it will definitely be going into my recipe book! 


If anyone would like the recipe you can click here.
Tip: Just make sure you season the sauce with something. I used Salt, Pepper, and some Garlic salt. I also seasoned my chicken with a little bit of garlic salt and Lawry's seasoning. It was super yummy!

As for my 30 days of Change Challenge. It is still a work in progress. I am actually proud to say that I've learned to accept my "not-so-great" skin a little more. I'm also still wearing less makeup, learning that if the imperfections show up, it is OK. Life isn't about the perfection, but the imperfections that can make it so perfect. 

Kind of like being broke .
(maybe that is a bad analogy, but go with me on this)
My husband and I have had many a Friday nights where we just didn't have the money to go and do anything, so we we spent the evening in. What could have been depressing, boring night (and believe me, some started off that way), ended up to be some pretty great nights. We'd watch a movie together and end up in a all out tickle war, or we'd end up at my parents house hanging with them. The point is, the we didn't have the money for that perfect Friday night outing, but the imperfection of being broke forced us to stay home where we made some pretty good memories anyways, without the Friday night city lights. 

So I may not have perfect skin, and my belly may look like the equivalent of two basketballs, and I may not be very good at DIY projects (I totally botched the wood letters for my daughters room), but it is still okay to love and accept myself just the way I am, imperfections and all. Sometimes it is easier said than done, but I am still working on it. 


I hope everyone has a lovely Friday and a easy, peezy weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment