Thursday, August 22, 2013

Getting Organized

Organizing... I love it, but it can be difficult for me to stay consistent with it. 

I've always kept a planner. The problem was I didn't always look at said planner, especially during the summer or whatever, because I didn't need to keep up with tests, exams, quizzes, assignments due... so the main time I looked at it was when I was in class. After that, it was forgotten until further notice. 

I started a little binder project earlier to keep recipe's, weekly meal plans, ideas, etc. a few months back, but with some of the craziness going on I've slacked off on it. However, now I'm realizing I may need it more than ever as a new mommy living on one income. 

So now I'm thinking it is time to get my binder in order and add in a few more things I think will come in handy the next few months. 

I'm not a creative person, but I like cute, creative things, so I went to my handy-dandy Pinterest and.... TA-DA....found blogs that had free, cute printable's for the things I needed! 

Here are the things I thought I needed to cover in my Binder... 

Meal Plan/Recipes- Updated
I already had this in my binder, but found another printable that was just a grid to use post it notes. I liked it better than what I already had, and it would be easy to pop the post its on and off if I need to change it. I also want to be able to have my quick/easy recipe's in here.

Monthly Calendar
With Doctor appointments, WIC appointments, and whatever ever else pops up after the baby is born, this will come in handy. I think I may actually print one to put on my fridge as well for an easy look-see. I also found a Dates to remember page, for a one-stop what I need to remember for what month. 

Weekly Goals/Cleaning List
The weekly goals comes with a grid to place post its like the weekly meal plan, so they are easily interchangeable (and cute). Then I figured this would be a good place to have some kind of cleaning list. I like lists and the feeling of accomplishment when I get to check things off lists. My husband is the mental list maker and to mentally check things off. I'm into visual aid. I like to be able to see it, hold it, smell it if need be (which I don't... that would be weird). But if I wanted to I could because it would be in my hand LOL. 

Monthly Budgeting
My husband and I will be dependent on one income once the baby is born, so I thought this would be good in helping us keep things into perspective as well as help us keep putting money back in our savings. 

Important Information/Documents
I thought this would come in handy to keep Insurance information, WIC checks, WIC documents, and whatever else I end up putting in there. I'm sure there is more. This way it is all in one place and there I don't have to pull a search and rescue for it. 

Randoms
I found a cute little printable where for little Jot-It-Notes. I thought this would be good for those little random things I need to remember, for ideas, for anything miscellaneous.

If anyone has any other ideas, printable's that they use or advice, please let me know! Also if anyone uses WIC, any advice on the best way to understand these darn WIC checks, advice on how to organize it all, or any suggestions at all would be appreciated.  :) 




1 comment:

  1. I tried the whole binder thing but it didn't really work for me. I switched back to my EC planner and I've been more consistent with it, I've also color coded everything and have a calender hanging up in our "command center" to keep everybody and mostly myself on track. I'm also a huge list maker. I make lists of my lists that I need to make..OCD much? haha. Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete