Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FALLing in Love

I actually have a Pinterest board with this title, where I pin everything and anything pertaining to Fall. 
Of course, I have a separate one, specifically for Halloween, because I'm a weirdo and feel like it is important enough to have it's own board all by itself. 

Karla @ Forever Newly Wedded (one of my favorite bloggers!!) came up with a great link up where you can share things you want to jot down to do during the most wonderful time of the year... I know that is supposed to be Christmas, but I include Fall into this because that is how much I love it. 

Oh man... the colors, the cool, crisp weather, the decorations and smells...
Have I mentioned that I LOVE FALL! 

So here is my to do list!
If you want to join the fun, link up with Karla

Forever Newly Wedded



Have Baby Dixon
This is pretty obvious, but Its the first on my to-do list. I'm so ready for her to get here so I can hold her and kiss her and love her, and then sometimes let her daddy do the same ;)

Take Fall Baby Pictures
I saw this on Pinterest a while back and knew that I would want to do this when Addison finally gets here.
How stinking cute is that!!!! 

Have (at least) 2 date nights with the Hubby
I know we could do this anytime, but during the Fall we will still be adjusting to the extra little person in our house. So to make sure my husband doesn't feel totally neglected, I want to go ahead and plan a date night at home (home-cooked, yummy meal, desert, and movie of his choice maybe), and a date night out when she's a little older. 

Watch at least 2 scary movies for Halloween
Last year we kind of flopped on getting in the scary movies. We didn't end up getting to watch one until Halloween was already over (what's the point in that, right!). So I want to make sure I get them in early from Netflix this year. 

Carve A Pumpkin
My husband and I actually done our first pumpkin together while we were still engaged. It had been my first pumpkin carving EVER! Last year, though, we were so busy we didn't get the chance. So this year its a must. 

Get pumpkin from Pumpkin Patch
I've never gotten to go to a pumpkin patch and actually pick my own pumpkin. I think it would be so much fun! 

Bake another Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Last year I made my very first homemade pumpkin pie. I got compliments on it, but wasn't too thrilled with it myself. So this year I would actually like to make it and like the taste of it as well. 

Bonfire and Movie
Someone locally puts on this Movie in the Park every year (closer to Christmas). We've never been able to go because of the rain or previous plans or whatever the case. This year I thought it would be fun, since I have a projector and my mom a screen, to set it up outside when it finally gets cool, and watch movies while having a bonfire/cookout! The kids would love it... and of course the Big Kids would too! :)

Try some DIY decorating projects
I have pinned a gazillion things that I want to do to decorate my house for Fall. It would be nice to actually do a one or two of them this year. Of course, the success of this will depend on how well our finances are, since I will be staying home to take care of my little Appleseed. But if we can swing it, I'll be doing some of them! 

Make Homemade Applesauce
Again with pinterest, but I found a recipe for crock pot Applesauce! The smell would be amazing and very Fall-ish... and of course it would be yummy to eat! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow. Homemade applesauce sounds amazing. I need to find some yummy fall crockpot recipes. That newborn photo of the baby & pumpkin is so so cute! When is your due date again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this list girl! =D I love making applesauce and Evie loves it too. I seriously want to do everything on this list. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great fall list! Good luck, I hope you comlete it.

    ReplyDelete