Friday, July 12, 2013

Paranoid Future Mommy...

 
 
Did the ultrasound Tech tell me right?
Was it too soon to tell if it was a boy or a girl?
What if they got it WRONG?!?
 
I'm not sure if it is just me
OR
if every expecting mother thinks this...
 
This past weekend, the painting on our very, tiny nursery was completed.
Three beautiful white walls with one wonderfully stripped coral wall now adorns our daughters little room. I stood there for the longest time, after being surprised by its completion, just staring at it in awe. I think because it was just another one of those, "this is getting real" moments. For the most part of our married life we either didn't have an extra bedroom or the extra bedroom was a "blah" junk room. So having the walls repainted, the curtain rod and blinds up, and the crib now in there has me mentally "Oh My God-ing" the whole thing.
 
It's small, but that's Ok.
 
 
Of course, then I'm talking to a person who mentions knowing someone who had been told they were having a girl and out pops a boy.
 
So then I'm having a mild panic attack...
 
What if I was told I was having a girl, and by some weirdo mistake, I'm really having a boy.
All I have at the moment is girl clothes.
And the walls are painted white and coral!
Sure, the pack-n-play and travel system are gender neutral,
but nothing else is.
 
 
Maybe I'm being overly paranoid.
Has anyone else had this paranoid fear that you are going to give birth to the opposite of what you were expecting?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no worries. Someone always knows someone. I know someone who was told it was a girl... and it was a girl! :) And the nursery is BEAUTIFUL! If it's a boy, it will still be BEAUTIFUL. And he won't know the difference. So delight in the wonder you have going on right now. :) :)

    ReplyDelete